Developing Film Negatives
How to Get Great Negatives
Your prints and scans will only be as good as your negatives. If you start with great negatives, you have a much better chance of getting great prints and scans.
To get great negatives, follow these tips:
- Make sure your exposure is accurate when you shoot.
- Make sure you shoot in good light.
- Make sure the tank you select is clean and dry.
- Avoid exposing your film. Make sure the door to the film darkroom is shut tightly.
- Keep your grain small.
- Make sure the water for your developer is 68 degrees (cold).
- Make sure you use the correct amount of developer.
- Make sure you do not over agitate.
- Rinse your negative well.
- Hang your negatives to dry - do not rush them.